COVID-19 Update

UPDATE 6/24/20
The Festival has been rescheduled to 9/26 and 9/27
As of today, we fully intend on holding the festival on those dates. We have dropped the capacity of each day to 250 runners and, even after the deferrals and partial refunds, we have very few spots remaining in each event (fewer than 20). We will have limited post-race festivities and are working on a plan for socially distanced awards ceremonies. 
We will continue to monitor the situation and work closely with borough, county, and park officials to bring you updates as the summer progresses. 
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at


UPDATE 3/30/20

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have rescheduled the Jim Thorpe Area Running Festival to September 26th and 27th, 2020. The half marathon will take place on the 26th and the 8-miler and full marathon (with scenic train rides) will take place on the 27th.

We know that this is a disappointing turn of events for many of you--it's incredibly disappointing for us--but your health and safety are our top priority. We have been in constant contact with county, borough, and park officials, as well virologists, epidemiologists, and public health experts. All agree that mid-May will still be a risky time for large-scale public gatherings. We simply do not want to take any chances.

We understand that the new date may cause conflicts for some of our runners, so we have changed our no-refunds or deferrals policy and are offering you four different options. To select an option, simply go to our race registration page:…/Jim…/TheJimThorpeAreaRunningFestival

1. Stay in the race and join us on our new date.
2. Defer to 2021 for free by 5/17/20.
3. Withdraw from the event and donate your fees to our charitable partners.
4. Withdraw from the event and receive a 75% refund of your registration fee. This will include 100% of the packet mailing option and 100% of any additionally purchased spectator train tickets. This will not include the RunSignup processing fees. The additional 25% will help us cover our irretrievable costs to this point and allow us to make at least some contribution to our charitable partners. Like the free deferral, this option is available until 5/17/20.

This has not been an easy decision to make, but we are certain that it is the right one. We hope to see you in September!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at

Mike, Tristan, Amon and our entire running family here at
The RUNegades